Wednesday, July 25, 2007

thrifting

so I am back from a week in Michigan with the parents. my mom and I visited a string of thrift stores one day, where the loot was far better than any Colorado thrift store.

I got a porcupine crewel for thirty cents....
porcupine crewel kit

some Easter wrapping paper...
easter wrapping paper

more wrapping paper....
wedding wrapping paper

and even more wrapping paper...
shower wrapping paper

a paper sleigh - from the font, it seems like it must be quite old.
paper sleigh

and some greeting cards, a quarter each.
greeting cards

I also picked up some Martha Stewart things from Michael's - you can't use the weekly coupon on MS, but the clearance price beats it anyway - I picked up $11 of stickers and notebooks for $4.

some other randomness:

I collected Pez throughout college, putting together a set of two or three hundred dispensers. they are all in a box now packed away. but I almost wanted to buy some today at the grocery store - as they made a new set of Elvis Pez! while Elvis Pezley made an appearance on the movie The Client, it was not a real dispenser then. until recently they actually never had any Pez fashioned after real people.


4 comments:

Maitreya said...

WOW! That porcupine crewel is like the best thing I've ever seen. Any chance you'd like to swap something for a copy of the pattern? If you might be interested, email me (maitreya@craftlog.org).

Amanda said...

Hi there, I read about your porcupine pattern on someone else blog, and it was just awesome, and is there ANY that I could buy a copie from you, please.

If it would be possible please email me at cmjsousa@westnet.com.au

Thankyou
Amanda

Amanda said...

Hi there, I read about your porcupine pattern on someone else blog, and it was just awesome, and is there ANY that I could buy a copie from you, please.

If it would be possible please email me at cmjsousa@westnet.com.au

Thankyou
Amanda

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.