Saturday, January 10, 2009

walrus cupcakes

Avid blog readers will know that I love an excuse to make animal cupcakes.

So I made these for a party...walrus cupcakes!

walrus cupcakes

the cake is Swiss chocolate with chocolate chips.

the frosting is chocolate cream cheese.

walrus cupcake

they are easy to make.
1. frost the cupcake.
2. use a pastry bag to pipe an oval for Walrus's mouth/muzzle/snout.
3. add a mini chocolate chip for a nose and two slivered almonds for tusks.
4. pipe on two eyes with a pastry bag and use two mini chocolate chips for pupils.

walrus cupcakes

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

cute cute cute!

Momoo said...

Not only are they cute, but chocolate with more chocolate. Can't go wrong there, sure they will be a hit.

macdaddy said...

I want to eat the walruses!

Oiyi said...

I got my quilt block yesterday. Thank you! I love it. I can't wait to find out the challenge for this month.

www.oiyi.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Hilarious! (I'm in awe of your baby quilts from the previous post too.)

ang said...

Suuuper cute. I like the selection of a really NOT cute animal, and then somehow through cupcake magic it becomes adorable.

jacquie said...

these are the cutest cupcakes i've ever seen...the almonds for tusks...amazing!

travel said...

they are SO cute..looks yummy too....

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I regard as precise post. Specially the designation attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Those look so yummy!

Walrusmoustache said...

WALRUSES!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
This is so f**king coolllllll!!!!!!!!