Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patrick's Day cupcakes

Andrea suggested I make Guinness cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day, and I probably should have.

Instead, I decided to make green velvet cupcakes, using this recipe.

one virtue of making cupcakes in the afternoon is that my pictures end up looking sharper in sunlight.
St. Patrick's Day cupcake - green velvet cake and green cream cheese frosting

but even better lighting can't obscure the grossness of army green cake.
St. Patrick's Day cupcake - green velvet cake and green cream cheese frosting

I frosted them in cream cheese frosting and decorated half with piped shamrocks.
St. Patrick's Day cupcake - green velvet cake and green cream cheese frosting

the taste is not very good. perhaps a bit overbaked? but I only baked for 16 minutes instead of the 20-25 recommended. maybe I can blame it on the altitude.

3 comments:

danielle said...

Hello Jenny, I've been lurking here for awhile. Mainly because I love cupcakes and quilting and I also live in Colorado. Enjoyed your bacon post. Haven't had a chance to try it but we eat bacon all the time in this house so I'd like to surprise my husband with it some day.

Danielle

PS in my head I refer to your blog as Mr. Frog P. Melb and thought you would enjoy knowing.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I think they are darling. I used to love making things green for my family when they were younger. It was yukky looking I guess but charming.

Momoo said...

The little leprechaun looks jaunty and very vintage.