Monday, April 06, 2009

best fabric ever

a while back, Kim asked on the True Up blog about favorite fabrics. I didn't necessarily have one in mind as a favorite, though I do like this one a lot.

I might have a new favorite fabric though:
best fabric ever

I nabbed it online. It's vintage, of course. It was a little pricey, but one of those impulse buys I knew I would regret if I didn't go for it. lately, I've found myself drawn to Victorian house themes. I tried for this crewel kit on ebay (and lost) and bid on this Marushka print on ebay (ended too rich for my blood). So it appears it was just a matter of time before I found something to fill this taste for Victorian houses. I love the color combination too.

The selvage says it's from the Greenbrook collection of related fabrics and wallpapers. It would be sweet to wallpaper a room with this. or if I had yards, I would love it as curtains. I don't have a project in mind for it (yet) but I might consider just stretching it on a frame to hang as is.

5 comments:

Allie said...

Gorgeous!!! I'd probably frame it too! I'm really drawn to houses lately myself

jacquie said...

it would be great to wallpaper a room with this!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm a sucker for victorian homes. I still dream about the house I grew up in with the 12" baseboards, wood paneled doors with glass knobs, big moldings and high ceilings. I tried to create that feel when we built our home 15 years ago. But you can't afford to really do that anymore. At least we can't. I have books of victorian homes that I love to look at.

Merc said...

I have to admit I love this not because I know anything about vintage fabric or victorian homes, but because it reminds me of the Addams Family. :)

Amanda Elizabeth said...

I'm pretty sure that is the coolest fabric I've ever seen!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it!!!