Saturday, August 07, 2010

some new old fabrics

I am a fan of black fabrics lately...picked up this piece at an antique mall recently for a buck.

vintage black and aqua fabric - hats, boots, parasols

when I was visiting my folks, I bought this curious fabric at a craft/clutter store. It looks like a rice sack but it's actually yardage with a selvedge and such. I suspect it is old but don't know much about it. I think it could be fun used in a quilt back or use some of the text in a pieced quilt.

weird faux rice sack fabric

here's a fabulous piece of vintage fabric I don't think I've ever posted before - I think I bought it on Etsy. the colors are rad and so is the illustration style.

vintage fabric - bears, rabbits, pigs, dogs, in mustard, baby blue, pink, and green

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

The pigs are my absolute favorite.

Gabi Cooper said...

Lovely choice of fabric!
Can you tell me what is the name of the last piece of fabric and what shop on Etsy.com you bought it from. Maybe just the name of the fabric will be enough so that I can search for it elsewhere as well. It is lovely and would go well in my little ones' room.
Thank you in advance for the info and time! Gabrielle.

Gabi Cooper said...

Perhaps you'd sell to me a yard or so of it? If yes, please let me know at missgabylee@yahoo.com Gabrielle.