Saturday, September 25, 2010

vintage fabric from quilt-a-fair

one of my favorite Colorado events is Quilt-a-fair. It's an event where fabric and quilting vendors set up booths at the fairgrounds. Having gone for several years now, I know to make a beeline for a vendor in the back corner that offers up pieces of older fabrics.

From this booth, I bought a yard of this gem for $4.
umbrellas and raindrops in orange, gray, putty

A piece of bird fabric in awesome drab colors.
bird/chicken vintage fabric in mustard

A sweet print of candy jars drawn on plaid grid background ($3 for a yard)
candy fabric on green/khaki plaid

A floral in a shade of orange that can be hard to find (half a yard for a buck)
vintage orange floral print

I like all these together too:
fun sad colors together

Some daisies on a blue background (fat quarter for fifty cents)
little daisies on a blue background

A polished cotton in gray and pink:
pink flowers on fabric with gray background

A yellow and black house print:
yellow and black house fabric

One of my favorite booths is an adorable mom-and-pop booth (actually a grandma-grandpa booth) where she sews on a featherweight while he handles the fabric transactions. It's a well curated booth of sweet vintage prints and I always buy a little something from them. This year, a pink plaid with avocado/berries:

avocado plaid fabric

And a sweet stripe:
fun stripe vintage fabric

I bought two yards of a bicentennial Declaration of Independence print at another booth:
political fabric - Americana - Declaration of Independence

I don't need any fabric of course, but vintage fabric is hard to resist when it is only a few bucks.


6 comments:

Donna said...

What fantastic fabric! Wish we had something similar!

Kari said...

Great fabrics! I was there too--so fun and inspiring. I love that there is something for every type of quilter.

Ann said...

I'm so envious! Ann.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the black and yellow and the rainy umbrella ones. Great finds!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Absolutely fantastic!

Kerry said...

Wonderful finds,the rainy one, the sweet jars and the black and yellow houses are so desirable!