Monday, July 01, 2013

crafting retrospective

another retrospective post on, things I did while I was not blogging.

one of my pinterest pages is devoted to random vintage craft kits, which I usually can resist buying but not always. after a segment on Antiques Roadshow about Native American beaded crafts, I couldn't pass up a vintage beaded needlepoint kit on Etsy, particularly when my mom likes owls and is obsessed with bedazzling things.  (the final product was a belated mother's day gift to my favorite mom.)

owl - beaded needlepoint

I saw some long spaghetti-looking jersey scarfs on Etsy and decided to make one for my sister's birthday.  JoAnn Fabrics only had weird colors of jersey.  I got a grimace colored one, which I liked then but now have my doubts about the color.

jersey scarf

and I made a quick baby bib from some fabric I picked up recently for my buddy Andrea's adorable baby Lucy.
baby bib   baby bib


2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

That owl pic is so incredibly darling. Sweet even. I love it.

macdaddy said...

I love the color of the scarf. I've never seen a scarf like that before... very cool. And baby Lucy loves her bib!