my new toothbrush holder says hi.
I finished the baby quilt that I have been working on for months. I mean, staring at on the floor of my sewing room for months.
I had the idea of a maze quilt months ago. I bought graph paper, drew a maze, then realized it wouldn't fit the fabric I wanted to use for the back. so I started over, drew a new maze, which was kind of tricky because I had an odd number of blocks on one dimension and an even number on the other, so I had several maze fails to get one to fit the size.
I just did a row by row construction. it was trickier to line up than I thought, or maybe just less forgiving than I hoped, so it is not as tidy as I would have liked.
I just quilted it with horizontal lines of quilting. I was going to do a polka dot binding but didn't like the look, so I ended up just using the blue of the quilt. it was a risky play - I had none of the fabric left over - not even an inch of binding to trim off.
here's the backing fabric. a nerd fabric because it is for the son of one of my Ph.D students. check out the unsquareness of it and the sorry strip of blue I had to tack on when all of my measurements failed me and the top was too big for the backing.
I think it turned out fine, but it wasn't that fun to make. I think I might convert my sewing room back into an office for a while.