Tuesday, September 17, 2013

blue tape baby quilt

so I made this about a month ago and never posted it.  so, ta da.

blue tape baby quilt

the design is inspired by all the hard-edge art I keep pinning on my quilt inspiration page on Pinterest, as well as the running theme through my last couple quilts, namely, "I bought some graph paper."

I bought graph paper

I had planned to use only fabric from my stash, but once I got started, I realized I didn't have anything in the right colors for the backing.  Since I felt too lazy to piece something that would go for the backing, I bought a yard of Sesame Street fabric at JoAnn Fabrics.  it is kind of perfect in terms of colors and it makes it seem more like a baby quilt.

backing fabric of blue tape quilt

I quilted it in my usual lazy way of stripes, this time on the diagonal.

closeup of blue tape quilt

3 comments:

mjb said...

I love it! And the back is a sweet surprise. Just think how vintage it will look in 15 years.

Mom said...

Cute. Graph paper...still got the math mindset :) Like the backing fabric too.

macdaddy said...

This is great. I love the contrast of the "hard" modern front and the warmth of the Seseame Street backing, but the colors do work together perfectly.