Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas crafting

I finished the quilt for the family gift exchange on my dad's side of the family.

the starting point:

vintage border print

plus the thumbprint cats fabric from Timeless Treasures. I pulled jade, coral, mustard, putty, and dark brown from the fabrics as the front color scheme.

I sketched a geometric pattern that I decided was drab only after I cut the squares for the blocks.  so I redirected to a random pattern on an alternating square grid.  because this is the year of the graph paper quilt.



the back is in stripes


I used osnaburg for the main background.  I was taken with its linen-like look and thought it would be less fraytastic than linen, since it is a cotton woven.  I don't think I would use it in a quilt again.  the texture is not really what I hoped. 



quilted in lines and bound in a solid mustard fabric.


2 comments:

macdaddy said...

I like that it has an old timey feel. Very nice gift for the lucky recipient.

MK said...

Look at you, using Flickr embedding! Nice!